We are currently not accepting applicants for this opportunity.
Labor & Employment Attorney - 168
Our law firm client, one of the region’s largest law firms, is actively seeking a Labor & Employment attorney to join their growing, high-volume, client-centric team.
If you are ready to level up your career with sophisticated work alongside talented long-term happy employees who enjoy the best pay and benefits package around, keep reading.
Our client is a progressive, inclusive, and culturally-rich workplace. As leaders in the community, they strive to be an employer of choice by attracting and retaining a highly talented workforce where people of diverse backgrounds thrive, creating a welcoming and inclusive environment where employees are empowered to perform at their highest level and where their differences make a positive impact.
The ideal candidate should have 4-8 years' experience with employment clients to join their client-centric team. You will be involved with defending employers and helping them proactively avoid confrontational litigation. Florida Bar required.
- Represents employers in reemployment assistance benefits (unemployment) claims and the appeal process before the agency and in state courts.
- Has considerable experience in both drafting and counseling clients about policies, handbooks, employment contracts, confidentiality and trade secret agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Has experience in defending housing discrimination claims brought under federal and state law.
- Conducts HR audits and training for its clients.
- Advises on and conducts investigations of employee relations complaints.
This is a role that requires accuracy, efficiency, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, collegial, and high-volume environment. It requires an individual who readily adapts to changing priorities and business needs while being proactive and creative in identifying areas of need and demonstrating agility to execute action plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to draft, negotiate, and interpret a variety of transactional agreements and documents; and convey complex concepts in a concise and understandable manner
- Enthusiastic attitude with demonstrated initiative, reliability, and an exceptional drive for results
- Ability to work independently and under tight timelines, and to plan and prioritize multiple tasks
- Dedication to client service excellence in a fast-paced, collegial, and engaging environment
- JD and member of the Florida Bar, in good standing.
Salary is $115-140K and benefits are:
- Excellent health, life, and disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses
- Generous Employee Savings Plan and 401(k) with employer contributions
- Wellness programs
- Other perks and benefits
Job Id: 432
Sarasota / Bradenton
Content not found for Job-Closed